Green Mountain Momentum celebrates the academic and athletic accomplishments of Green Mountain High School’s students, teachers and staff.
Academic Awards & Accolades
- 2015 | Green Mountain HS launched an Agriculture Program including an FFA National Chapter
- 2015 | Ryan Adams, Computer Science Teacher has been selected as one of five State Finalists in the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow content out of more than 4,100 applications. The national winner will receive a share of over $2 million in technology products.
- 2015, 2014, 2013 | EF Tours selected Spanish teacher Brian Keiser to speak in Europe at the International Teacher Convention about the intricacies of traveling abroad. This is Mr. Keiser’s third time being selected with this honor.
- 2014 | Chuck Powell, Computer Science and Physics teacher is the only teacher in the State of Colorado selected to pilot the new College Board AP Computer Science Principles course.
- 2012 | Jonna Gentry wins a $5,000 award from the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Foundation for Excellence in the Teaching of Natural Resources in Earth Sciences.
- 2011 | Green Mountain HS receives the Clicking through Technology Grant and is able to add two new class sets of clickers for the classroom.
Athletic Awards & Accolades
- 2015 | Boys cross country team earns the Les Schwab Academic All-State Award, a top honor in the State of Colorado.
- 2015 | Fall National Letter of Intent Signings: Mariah McDermott (softball @ Adams State), Wyatt Featherston (baseball @ Western Kentucky), Cassidu Stein (swimming @ University of Utah).
- 2015 | Boys Baseball wins the 4A State Championship for the second straight year.
- 2014 | Boys Baseball wins the 4A State Championship
- 2011-2012 | Tom Ward is named Football Coach of the Year.
- 2011 | The Girls Gymnastics team places 5th in 4A State Gymnastics.
Clubs & Activities Awards & Accolades
- 2015 | Marching Band: 1st Place in 3A Jeffco League; 3rd Place in 3A State.
- 2015 | All-State Jazz Choir Students: Diana McCaslin, Saylor Sargent and Jon Michael Sullivan. This is an exclusive group and only 24 girls and 8 boys out of the entire state make this group and no other students from Jeffco were selected.