Acting (beginning, intermediate, advanced), Public Speaking, Film Studies, Directing, Stagecraft
- Why are these classes important? The arts are important to help students gain confidence and increase self esteem. According to the Educational Theatre Association:
- “Researchers have found that sustained learning in theatre correlates to greater success in math and reading, and students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds see the greatest benefit.”
- “Training in acting classes improves language and memory skills.”
- “Secretary of Education Arne Duncan said, “The study of drama, dance, music, and visual arts helps students explore realities, relationships, and ideas that cannot be conveyed simply in words or numbers.”
- What students can expect to take-away from your class?