Green Mountain High School offers students various leadership opportunities designed to help prepare students for the real world. Clubs like Academy Leadership Student Team, Student Senate and National Honors Society offer students hands-on leadership training opportunities through workshops, presentations, team-building and community activities.
Senior Capstone Project
A Senior Capstone project is a multifaceted assignment that challenges students to think critically, solve challenging problems, and develop life skills. Projects are also interdisciplinary, requiring students to apply skills across many different subject areas. These projects encourage students to connect their projects to community issues and to integrate after-school learning experiences, including activities such as interviews, scientific observations, or internships.
Ongoing Leadership Opportunities
- Red Rocks Community College Student Ambassadors – (part-time paid positions)
Colorado State University, Pueblo President’s Leadership Program
- HOBY 2016 Advanced Leadership Seminar for Sophomores (must be nominated by school)
6/9/16 – 6/12/16 at University of Denver
- HOBY 2016 Advanced Leadership Academy for Juniors and Seniors (self registration)
7/2016 at George Mason University
- HOBY 2016 Global Student Leaders Summit in Boston, London, The Hauge and Amsterdam
6/18/16 – 6/30/16
- New Hampshire Primary Student Convention, Manchester, NH
1/4/16 – 1/6/16 – fee required to attend – registration: @nhprimarystudentconvention.org